She found her way here.



Ten years. I thought you abandoned me. As I retraced your steps I learned you were protecting me, or thought you were. I have a story to tell. About you. Johnny Dodge. Along the way I learned some Latin. As you told me I should.

Ōdī et amō. Quārē id faciam fortasse requīris. Nesciŏ, sed fierī sentiō et excrucior.

You’re not allowed to be an unofficial father figure and not a father. You can’t just walk away and pretend you’re doing what’s best for someone you haven’t ever asked about what’s right for her.

I get it that you’re here to save the world. But it doesn’t matter if you don’t care that deeply about your own, whether they’re blood or not, some are your own, and you should know that. I was your own and I tracked you all this way because you’re my own too, and I don’t want to see you die alone for a cause that’s already lost.

Keep doing things you taught me, told me to do. In my head. But I don’t get to hear your laugh or see you smile in your eyes while you’re raising eyebrows at the same time. I hear you making fun of me in my head like you used to, but there’s no advice when it all goes wrong along the way.

How did I get here? It’s called the bridge, And it it starts here at Johnny’s Last Chance Garage

Odi et amo. Johnny Dodge.



Comments

Popular Posts